Empowering Questions to Ask When You Feel You’ve Failed
This week’s Marketing & Mindset Video Tip is about what are some of the questions you can ask yourself when you feel you’ve failed something.
We’ve all gone through this at some point in time – when we went through a process and didn’t get the desired result that we wanted or expected.
Something went wrong …
And I think it’s a disservice to ourselves when we don’t take the time to reflect back on what went right and what went wrong – so that we can do things differently the next time around. That is what growth is all about, is it not?
Over the course of time, I’ve come to create a habit of asking myself specific questions after every new process, venture, program, client interaction, etc., I take on, to see how I can continue to improve my desired results.
Here are the questions I’ve used:
- Why did this happen? Why did I get this particular result? For example, did I not promote enough?
- What could I have done differently?
- How can I do it better next time? This is about determining what did go right – and improving upon on it.
- What changes (if any) should I make in my strategies?
- What can I do to improve my planning and preparation?
What questions, if any, do you ask yourself that allows you to improve your performance and overall desired results?