Tag Archives: Business Tips
Creating a marketing campaign can be a stressful process. I mean let’s get real. There are so many moving parts to creating a marketing campaign, it’s no wonder people get stressed throughout the process … I’ve been a victim of this as well.
But I’ve learned a lot in the years I’ve been managing my business – offline and online – on how to put systems in place to reduce much of this stress and overwhelm. Is it 100%? No. But any time you’re stepping out and playing big in life and business, there’s going to be some level of stress. No way around that.
That being said, I’ve used (and still do) many tools to help me organize my life and business – Trello, Baydin, XMind, and Google Docs to name a few. But there’s nothing like good ‘ole pen and paper to get your thoughts organized.
In this video I share with you a powerful process I use in my business that creates the foundation to my Marketing Campaign. It’s super simple as well. I’m all about keeping things simple!
Basically, in organizing my Marketing Campaign, I put specific strategies in zones. Then I simply fill in the details for each zone. Watch below to see how this all comes together.
I’m always looking to see how I can grow my business, where do I still need to grow, and what do I need to do to fill that gap. Growing your business takes times, the willingness to evaluate what works and what doesn’t work, and LOTS of course correcting.
I’ve learned a lot about what it takes to grow a business. I’ve made many mistakes and have had MANY failures along the way, but here’s the cool thing – I was determined to learn from them! With every new little lesson, changes were made – systems where changed, ideologies updated, powerful new beliefs put into place.
Here are the 7 top rules I’ve learned this past year in growing my business powerfully. These are rules that have made ALL the difference in me being able to move my business forward and I have no doubt it will catapult my success in the years to come.
7 Rules to Growing your Business Powerfully:
- Get support! This is a lesson that took me a long while to get. Like most entrepreneurs, I suffer from the “Lone Ranger” mentality. But switching my conversation from ‘doing it all by myself’ to ‘who can support me in my business growth’, has had a dramatic effect in my business (and sanity!).
- Don’t make everything a sense of urgency. Your Facebook timeline cover doesn’t have to be changed RIGHT NOW. Schedule low priority tasks at appropriate times throughout your week and get clear on your true priorities.
- Put systems in place. I have a system for EVERYTHING – using social media, marketing strategies, email scripts, even down to my weekly family menu. I know that last one sounds silly, but I realized that having to think each and every day, three times a day, seven days a week, what to cook for me and my family was exhausting. Now I plan for the whole week at once. It’s a such a huge time saver and relief!
- Follow the two minute rule. If it can be done in two minutes, do it. If not, delete it, delegate it, or reschedule it for a more appropriate time.
- Get some skin in the game. Money talks baby! You’re more likely to value and follow-through on the things you pay for. Free is great – but only to an extent.
- Get uncomfortable and “burn the boats.” Sorry to break the news, but if you’re comfortable, you’re playing it safe. Which means your business is stagnant. Being uncomfortable is a good sign that you are on track and moving your business forward.
- Don’t be afraid to rock that boat... Ho… yeah… put your hands up! We’ve always been taught not to rock the boat, but when it comes to business a little rocking it good. Be willing to bend the rules and question your “learned” values – they just may be holding you back.